Climate of Guatemala City, Guatemala Average Weather
- Guatemala City, Guatemala is at 14°37'N, 90°31'W, 1490 m (4888 ft). See map.
- Guatemala City has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guatemala City is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 20 degrees Celsius (67.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 23.3°C (74°F) on average falling to 12°C (53.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28°C (82.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.3°C (79.4°F) and average low temperatures are 16°C (60.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 24.3°C (75.8°F) during the day and lows of 15°C (59°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1316 mm (51.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1316 Litres/m² (32.28 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Guatemala City you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Guatemala City, Guatemala Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Belize City, Belize - 401.6 kms (249.5 miles) NE
- La Ceiba, Honduras - 410.9 kms (255.3 miles) ENE
- Tela, Honduras - 347.8 kms (216.1 miles) ENE
- La Mesa, Honduras - 292.5 kms (181.8 miles) ENE
- Catacamas, Honduras - 493.8 kms (306.9 miles) E
- Santa Rosa C., Honduras - 187.3 kms (116.4 miles) E
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras - 361.1 kms (224.4 miles) E
- Los Andes, El Salvador - 124.2 kms (77.2 miles) SE
- San Salvador, El Salvador - 173.7 kms (107.9 miles) SE
- Ilopango, El Salvador - 182.3 kms (113.3 miles) SE
- Ocotal, Nicaragua - 449.3 kms (279.2 miles) ESE
- Acajutla, El Salvador - 137.2 kms (85.2 miles) SSE
- Condega, Nicaragua - 465.6 kms (289.3 miles) ESE
- Choluteca, Honduras - 391 kms (243 miles) ESE
- El Picacho Chinandega, Nicaragua - 427 kms (265.3 miles) ESE
- Managua, Nicaragua - 528.2 kms (328.2 miles) ESE