Guatemala City Climate & Temperature
- Guatemala City, Guatemala is at 14°37'N, 90°31'W, 1490 m (4888 ft). See map.
- Guatemala City has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guatemala City is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 20 degrees Celsius (67.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 23.3°C (74°F) on average falling to 12°C (53.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28°C (82.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.3°C (79.4°F) and average low temperatures are 16°C (60.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 24.3°C (75.8°F) during the day and lows of 15°C (59°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1316 mm (51.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1316 Litres/m² (32.28 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Guatemala City you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Guatemala City, Guatemala Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Belize City, Belize - 401.6 kms (249.5 miles) NE
- La Ceiba, Honduras - 410.9 kms (255.3 miles) ENE
- Tela, Honduras - 347.8 kms (216.1 miles) ENE
- La Mesa, Honduras - 292.5 kms (181.8 miles) ENE
- Catacamas, Honduras - 493.8 kms (306.9 miles) E
- Santa Rosa C., Honduras - 187.3 kms (116.4 miles) E
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras - 361.1 kms (224.4 miles) E
- Los Andes, El Salvador - 124.2 kms (77.2 miles) SE
- San Salvador, El Salvador - 173.7 kms (107.9 miles) SE
- Ilopango, El Salvador - 182.3 kms (113.3 miles) SE
- Ocotal, Nicaragua - 449.3 kms (279.2 miles) ESE
- Acajutla, El Salvador - 137.2 kms (85.2 miles) SSE
- Condega, Nicaragua - 465.6 kms (289.3 miles) ESE
- Choluteca, Honduras - 391 kms (243 miles) ESE
- El Picacho Chinandega, Nicaragua - 427 kms (265.3 miles) ESE
- Managua, Nicaragua - 528.2 kms (328.2 miles) ESE