Guatemala City Climate & Temperature
- Guatemala City, Guatemala is at 14°37'N, 90°31'W, 1490 m (4888 ft). See map.
- Guatemala City has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Guatemala City is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 20 degrees Celsius (67.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 23.3°C (74°F) on average falling to 12°C (53.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 28°C (82.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 26.3°C (79.4°F) and average low temperatures are 16°C (60.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 24.3°C (75.8°F) during the day and lows of 15°C (59°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1316 mm (51.8 inches) which is equivalent to 1316 Litres/m² (32.28 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Guatemala City you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Guatemala City Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Guatemala City Climate Graph in Metric Units
Guatemala City Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Guatemala City, Guatemala Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Belize City, Belize - 401.6 kms (249.5 miles) NE
- La Ceiba, Honduras - 410.9 kms (255.3 miles) ENE
- Tela, Honduras - 347.8 kms (216.1 miles) ENE
- La Mesa, Honduras - 292.5 kms (181.8 miles) ENE
- Catacamas, Honduras - 493.8 kms (306.9 miles) E
- Santa Rosa C., Honduras - 187.3 kms (116.4 miles) E
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras - 361.1 kms (224.4 miles) E
- Los Andes, El Salvador - 124.2 kms (77.2 miles) SE
- San Salvador, El Salvador - 173.7 kms (107.9 miles) SE
- Ilopango, El Salvador - 182.3 kms (113.3 miles) SE
- Ocotal, Nicaragua - 449.3 kms (279.2 miles) ESE
- Acajutla, El Salvador - 137.2 kms (85.2 miles) SSE
- Condega, Nicaragua - 465.6 kms (289.3 miles) ESE
- Choluteca, Honduras - 391 kms (243 miles) ESE
- El Picacho Chinandega, Nicaragua - 427 kms (265.3 miles) ESE
- Managua, Nicaragua - 528.2 kms (328.2 miles) ESE